I got stuck in a rut and felt like I was always eating the same things over and over.
When, I started looking for new recipes that were fresh, light, and contained olive oil, I found this recipe. Of course, I wanted something healthy and not heavy and this is perfect.
This Mediterranean salad is really easy and super delicious.
One of the things I like about it is that I can prepare it quickly for a healthy lunch I can feel good about.
- Hard Boiled Eggs
- Albacore Tuna
- Olives Stuffed with Anchovies
- Fresh Lettuce
I prepare hard boiled eggs in advance and can throw this recipe together in just a few minutes.
Easy Olive Oil Vinaigrette
Ok, so we all know that apple cider vinegar is good for us. How in the world are we supposed to get more of it in our diets?
There is no way I can drink it straight so I’m happy I found this vinaigrette recipe.
Such Simple Ingredients:
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Apple Cider Vinegar
This vinaigrette is perfect because it has both apple cider vinegar and olive oil. It’s really healthy and also tastes great.
…and before I forget.
If you need a great dessert, try these Italian Mostaccioli Cookies. So good!
Go ahead. You deserve it!
Enjoy This Healthy Salad Recipe
I really hope you love this recipe as much as I do.
Sometimes, I like to slice a little avocado on top and make this salad a superfood!
Please let me know if how you made this recipe better. I love to hear from you.
Mediterranean Salad with Tuna, Chickpeas, and Capers
- 2 Eggs Hard Boiled
- 1 ¼ cup Chickpeas Cooked
- 5 oz Albacore Tuna
- 2 tbsp Olives Stuffed with Anchovies
- 3 tbsp Capers
- Endive or fresh lettuce or your choice
- 2 tsp Mustard
- 1 Clove Garlic minced
- 6 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- ¼ tsp Salt
- ¼ tsp Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- Hard boil the eggs and let cool
- Put a generous serving of lettuce in a salad bowl
- Rinse the chickpeas in cold water and add to the top of the lettuce
- Add the capers and sliced olives
- Add the tuna
- Top with sliced egg and drizzle with vinaigrette
Prepare the Vinaigrette
- To prepare the vinaigrette: combine the mustard, garlic, vinegar, salt, and pepper in a blender or small food processor. On low speed, slowly add the olive oil until the sauce emulsifies.
- This can also be done in a bowl, using a whisk.