How to make mouthwatering chocolate muffins using extra virgin olive oil instead of butter.
We had extra soft muffins using this muffin recipe, with a lower saturated fats content than chocolate muffins made with a traditional recipe! You could garnish them as you like, with sugar powder only or with a melted chocolate filling. Try this olive oil muffin recipe, make sure your loved ones get a healthy breakfast!
160 g of milk
350 g of sugar
220g of flour
90 g of extra virgin olive oil
4 organic eggs
75 g of unsweetened cocoa powder
16 g of baking powder
A teaspoon of vanilla extract
Paper muffin cups
- Preheat oven to 175°degrees C°
- Combine the extra virgin olive oil, the milk, the sugar and the cocoa powder in a inox bowl.
- Heat about one inch of water in a skillet with a slightly smaller diameter than the diameter of the inox bowl
- Set the inox bowl on the skillet not directly in the water (a bain marie).
- Stir the ingredients constantly to prevent lumps. After melted all the ingredients, remove the skillet from the stove.
- Add the egg yolks, the flour, the baking powder and the whipped egg whites. Stir until well melted.
- Pour the cream in the paper muffin cups, filling each cup two-thirds full.
- Bake for about 20 minutes. You can easily check if your chocolate muffins are properly cooked by inserting a thoothpick into the center of a muffin and if it will comes out clean the muffins are done.
- Remove the muffins from the oven, let them cool and garnish as you like.